The Red Vineyards near Arles
This is a replica of the famous “The Red Vineyards near Arles” oil painting by the Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh.
The Red Vineyards near Arles is an oil painting by the Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh, executed on a secretly prepared Toile de 30 piece of burlap toward the beginning of November 1888. It portrays laborers in a vineyard and is accepted to be the main painting van Gogh sold during his lifetime.
The Red Vineyard was displayed just because of the yearly presentation of Les XX, 1890 in Brussels. The painting was sold for 400 Francs (equivalent to about $2,000 today) to Anna Boch, an impressionist painter, individual from Les XX, and craftsmanship gatherer from Belgium. Anna was the sister of Eugène Boch, another impressionist painter and a companion of Van Gogh who had painted Boch’s representation (Le Peintre aux Étoiles) in Arles, in harvest time 1888.
In October 1888 Gauguin showed up in Arles and moved in with Van Gogh, who was next to himself with energy and fantasy about beginning if not a specialists’ province, in any event, a mutual studio. Van Gogh had met Gauguin two years already and was in amazement of the somewhat more established craftsman, whose own assessment of himself was incredibly expanded.
The stay finished in a debacle coming full circle in Van Gogh’s self-mutilation, yet preceding this the two specialists had taken a shot at comparative tasks, and Gauguin’s impact can be seen on Van Gogh’s artistic creations of this time.
Van Gogh was especially delighted with a neighborhood vineyard, whose hues were going to pre-winter reds and yellows as the days abbreviated into fall. He painted The Red Vineyard, catching the mellowed tones and sparkling light of the early night sun reflecting in the stream. While Gauguin painted Vineyard at Arles with Breton Women, dress the ladies in the customary Breton ensemble of his home.
Then on October 2, 1888, Vincent van Gogh did send a letter to Eugene Boch referencing his venture to paint The Red Vineyard. He referenced: “Ah well, I need to go to work in the vineyard, close Mont Majour. It’s all purplish yellow-green under the blue sky, a lovely, shading theme.”
The artwork was later bought, in 1909, from a Paris craftsmanship display by Ivan Morozov. Later, it was being housed in the impeccable assortment of Sergei Shchukin, in Shchukin’s home at Trubestkoy Palace in Moscow. After the Russian Revolution, the work of art was along these lines nationalized by the Bolsheviks, while Shchukin was permitted to emigrate to France.
The Red Vineyard was in the long run gone to Moscow’s Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, where it dwells today.